Monday 17 December 2007

Bind-it-all Calendar - August

August, and another strong stamped image that stands up on it's own without too much tinkering. I love this stamp, it reminds me of summers as a kid, when they seemed to go on forever and every day would be hotter than the one before. I remember getting cheap versions of these shoes from Woolworths and wearing them all summer long. In fact, I still wear them most days! (Though not the same pair, obviously).

Image was stamped twice using black soot distress ink on white card. One image was coloured with dried marigold distress ink applied with a baby wipe. The shoes were cut out from the 2nd image and stuck onto the first. End of story, simple but effective.

Quote reads "August creates as she slumbers, replete and satisfied. - Joseph Wood Krutch"

September to follow tomorrow.

2 comments :

Wendy - Anntaurus said...

This is a great image - I remember my brother knocking about in shoes like this!

Anonymous said...

great page Dan. I love the quote as well

Related Posts with Thumbnails