Saturday 12 January 2008

Beauty Secrets

I finally got to have a go with the Gibson Girls stamps from the Artistic Stamper tonight. Not the kind of subject matter I'd usually go for, but the images were so strong and suitable for a stark monochrome approach that they instantly appealed to me. This project hasn't photographed that well, but hopefully it's clear enough for you to see what's going on!

The frame was painted inside with espresso dabber and outside with frayed burlap crackle paint. It was then stamped with walnut stain and black staz-on.

The blank jigsaw was a pound shop bargain that I've had stashed away for a while until the right project came along!

The Gibson girl images were stamped on the puzzle using black staz-on (there is a slight gloss to the puzzle, so staz-on was the best option). They were then stamped again onto thin card and cut out to make masks. One by one, each mask was placed exactly over the same image on the puzzle pieces to protect the black and white faces. The pieces were then tinted and stamped with distress inks. Each piece was mounted onto 3d foam and fixed in place inside the frame.

I hope you like it! :o) Click on the image to enlarge it.

8 comments :

Anonymous said...

Another gem from you Dan! I have wanted to play with jigsaw pieces for ages and seeing this just means I want to start now - just one prob.... I want to do a fat book first!! You have a lot to answer for.....

shaz earl said...

stunnung xxxx

Anonymous said...

WOW! I absolutely love it Dan- these stamps have never really appealed to me before but seeing this and Hels projects with them, I am tempted
x

Angie C said...

totally love it Dan

Unknown said...

inspiring X

Jennie -The Artistic Stamper said...

I do love what you have done with my stamps...

Kristen said...

More fantastic work! Absolutely striking!

Ann said...

Stunning Dan, really amazing!!

Related Posts with Thumbnails