Sunday 6 April 2008

Tagstravaganza - Day 3



The tag at the top of these pictures, with red on one side and yellow on the other, is tiny, perhaps only an inch wide, so don't be fooled by the fact that they all look the same size here!

More chipboard tags, and finally a chance to use a couple of stamps designed by my friend Linda Luckin, the fish and the seahorse. The fishes (fishum? fishi? oh, just "fish") were stamped with StazOn ink onto acetate, and then I applied gold metal leaf to the back of each one (and we all know, don't we children, how badly gold shows up on a scanner?).

The butterfly is only fixed to the tag in the body area, the wings can be tilted up to add a dimensional element to it. It was produced on glossy card with alcohol inks, then stamped and cut out.

The "Gibson Girl" was stamped onto the white tag and painted with distress inks and an ArtKure water brush. She was then stamped again onto a post-it note and cut out. The post-it image was then placed over the tag image and the background was applied with cut'n'dry foam.

I hope you like 'em. Click on any image to enlarge it. :o)

8 comments :

Chriss Rollins said...

Hello Dan love them all but have to say my fave is the fish.
Have a lovely Sunday.
TFS. Chriss X

barmyowlscoo said...

Cool tags, I have never done just a tag before I think I may have to have a go.

Unknown said...

Dan my man :0)) I love them all .... but especially the "fishi". Gold leaf is an absolute pain to get right and you have succeeded where others fail (me mainly :0)).
I visit your blog every time I am at the computer and it is great to see new things appearing with such regularity and talent. You will also be pleased to note that I can sit this week with no complaints
:0)) So I won't be mentioning my butt today !!

Andrea said...

these are Fab Dan and you are talented beyond belief, of course I unlike Linda will not mention the B word x

voodoo vixen said...

These are beautiful Dan! I have to admit the seahorse would be a personal favourite with the gold embossing... sure I was a magpie in a previous life!! :)

Angie C said...

Lovely tags Dan and I think my favourite is the Gibson Girl one

Wacky Jacky said...

Can't think how I managed to miss all this work you have done in April. They are all so inspirational - well done!!

Linda said...

Lovely tags Dan...........won't tell you which are my favs.....cos I might be a little bit biased! :)

Related Posts with Thumbnails