Monday 27 September 2010

Halloween Box-o-Tags!


First of all, let me get this out of the way immediately, the candy corn in the pic is faked, I photoshopped it in! I looked in every sweet shop I could think of to find some to sprinkle on the table for these pics but just couldn't get any - candy corn just isn't a UK thing! I hope you'll forgive my artistic licence! :)

On with business...
Over on the Simon Says Stamp & Show Challenge blog today the new theme is "Distressed/Sanded". I'm a bit of a stamping purist at heart and restricted myself to straightforard stamping for this project, I thought it would work well with the images, style and theme I was going for.

You've heard of a jack-o-lantern? Here's a box-o-tags! I used mostly Tim Holtz and Inkadinkado Halloween stamps, in conjunction with Bundled Sage, Dusty Concord and Wild Honey distress ink pads and an Archival black ink pad. Given the nature of the theme, I used a Tim Holtz sanding block to sand the edges of everything in sight! :)

Why not head over to the SSS&S blog and check out how the other design team members have interpreted the challenge - their work is amazing! Even better, why not join in yourself? Simon Says Stamp have another great prize up for grabs again this week! :)

As ever, click on the image if you want to see a larger view :)

19 comments :

misteejay said...

You are forgiven LOL (our 99p shop had some the other day - but not much).

Love the box and the tags are really fun.

Toni :o)

Helen said...

Love your box-o-tags!!

Katharine Steff said...

Those colours go really really well together! good job! xxx

Carolina Girl (Cely) said...

Oh My Word...I'm loving these and especially the tags/bookmarks. I think that is a hoot that candy corn is not that accessible in UK..who would have thought! Of course I can't find okra and grits in the midwest or many northern states and we are all part of the US, go figure. I also heard that Halloween is just something not played upon in Germany. What about the UK? Any how....love love what you did!

Dorothy said...

No candy corn??? How can one live!!!
Love your tags!!!

Nancy Wethington said...

Dan, your creativity blows me away every week. It's an honor to be on the team with you.

Lori said...

Spectacular project once again, Dan, just love it!

Netty said...

Great projects. But am amazed you couldn't get any black jelly spiders and things or did it have to be candy corn......ah such a purist........but for me black jelly spiders everytime....lol

Lynne Forsythe said...

hehehehe....Dan...you are tooo Funny!!! and the title....Box-O-tags...Love it...the colors...FAB... I'm guessing I just LOVE THE WHOLE thing!!

Jean Franks Beck said...

Lovin' these tags, Dan - so very spooky-cool and distressed, and that box is just the perfect thing to top it all off!

Linda Coughlin, the funkie junkie said...

I had to laugh, Dan, about your PhotoShop disclaimer. Probably most of us would never have known the candy corn wasn't really sprinkled there if you hadn't told us. Your Halloween tags are really super and I love how you placed them in an altered matchbox - very cool!

2amscrapper said...

You fooled me, and I love candy corn! This is a fantastic project!

Terry said...

Heeee Dan the man, your project for this week is AMAZING, fabulous colors and offcourse your forgiven for the photoshopped candy...Hugs Terry xxx

email: Steph@SimonSaysStamp.com said...

Hi Dan,

Wow...how FUN are these tags!?! Very inspiring, bright, and (dare I say again) FUN! I love the colors of ink you use together.

Thanks for your continued wonderful inspirations!!

*mwah*
Steph
Simon Says Stamp

Anonymous said...

Fab tags and I love your Boo Box!

voodoo vixen said...

Love the box of tags and the tags are lovely, very halloween! I have seen candy corn in the shops... wasn't sure if it was sweet or not so avoided them!! Now I may be tempted to try some out...

Unknown said...

Boo-Full Dan ... Just Boo-Full :0)

Ali Manning said...

Great project, Dan - I adore those tags. You're not missing anything in the UK not having candy corns!

Girlsinthecraft said...

What a fun project. You really do up Halloween nicely ;)

Related Posts with Thumbnails