Wednesday 22 December 2010

Snow, Pine & Mahogany...

... is the theme over on the Gingersnap Creations blog this week. I used white acrylic paint and aged mahogany & pine needles distress inks to get me in the right colour zone on this tag.

I had just gotten these new stamps from Stampotique a day or so earlier and was keen to try them out! Add to that a bit of experimentation with a range of white pens to see which I liked best (not tried the Sakura Souffle yet, so the jury is still out!) and lots of doodling, scratching, scuffing and messing about, and this is what you get! :)

I discovered during the course of making this tag that if you use a heat gun to speed up the drying of a Sakura white glaze pen you only have a second or so to turn off the heat before the glaze turns transparent! I used that effect to write a lot of text on this tag which I then made transparent, so it can only be read by moving the tag around until that the clear glaze catches the light. (Interesting for those who actually have the tag in their hands, but perhaps not so much for you, dear reader!)

Pop over to the GC blog to see how the other DT members have interpreted the challenge - go on, you know you want to! :)

7 comments :

Karen said...

oh wow, I love this!! : )

Scrappy~Sarah said...

Great tag Dan

Tami said...

This tag is just amazing! Pure art at its finest!!
Hugs,
Tami

Sue in CT said...

Once again you boggle my mind. You don't do crafts....you do works of art! Thanks for sharing.

Unknown said...

Great tag. Fab images!

Netty said...

I love your take on the Challenge. Always inspirational. Wishing you a Very Happy Christmas, Annette x

Anonymous said...

Love the way you used the challenge colors! Great tag!

Related Posts with Thumbnails