Monday 11 April 2011

Boxing Clever!

The theme over on the Simon Says Stamp and Show Challenge this week is "some distress". I decided to make this set of 5 matching 5.5" notecards with a coordinating gift box.  I used the Retro Grunge card stack, which already has the distress built right in!

I used Tim Holtz's "The Countdown" stamp set to stamp the numbers on the reverse side of some offcuts that were left from making the box and then coloured some of the numbers to echo colours from the Retro Grunge papers.  I only needed 3 sheets for the whole project - 1 for the lid, 1 for the base and another for the panels on the cards.  I tore the stamped panels into strips and applied Brushed Corduroy Distress Ink to the edges.


Our ever-generous sponsor Simon Says Stamp is offering a $50 gift voucher as the prize again this week! The winner will be chosen at random from those who enter the challenge, so why not give it a try? At the very least why not head over to the Challenge Blog to see how the other members of the design team have interpreted this weeks theme! :)



11 comments :

Cath said...

WoW!
This would make a great gift. (nice pics BTW)
Good luck, hope you win.

misteejay said...

What a super set Dan - lovely work.

Toni :o)

Scrappy~Sarah said...

Very stylish :)

Candy C said...

Hi Dan! Love your retro giftcards and box! Great idea!!! <3 Candy

Claire said...

That's fab Dan, what a lovely gift.
C
xx

salamanda said...

What a stylish set - love the colour combinations.

Dorothy said...

Very nice Dan!!

email: Steph@SimonSaysStamp.com said...

Great gift box set, Dan! I love the color combo!

*mwah*
Steph
Simon Says Stamp

Howsewears said...

Thanks so much, Dan. This is great! I love giving cards with a matching box. I already have a file, but I like yours better. I'll post one when I make it.
Fondly, Tami
www.thisandthatfromtami.blogspot.com

Gillian .... said...

Hi Dan, was so lovely to meet you on sat at AP. Your retro card and gift box project is very yummy, reminds me of some yummy chocolate/candy.

PlumTuckered's Paper Plays said...

Fabulous! Boxes intimidate me and you make it sound so easy :-) I love the colors in your project!

Related Posts with Thumbnails