Monday 12 December 2011

I Believe in Father Christmas

This weeks theme on the Simon Says Stamp and Show Challenge is "Through the Looking Glass - Projects with Depth".  This 3D diorama card is over 2 inches deep, so fits the challenge perfectly!  This has always been one of my favourite Christmas songs, though when you actually listen to it it's kinda depressing! LOL  The Polar Express movie played it's part in the inspiration for this too :)

 I've used rock candy stickles on the snowflakes and it always saddens me that the sparkly frostiness of it is never done justice in a photo!  White enamel accents that I used for the snow on the tree branches is wonderfully dimensional, but alas that too is lost in this picture!


Our ever-generous sponsor Simon Says Stamp is offering a $50 gift voucher as the prize again this week! The winner will be chosen at random from those who enter the challenge, so why not give it a try? At the very least why not head over to the Challenge Blog to see how the other members of the design team have interpreted this weeks theme! :)

12 comments :

misteejay said...

Dan that is a fab card - I love the images you have used.

It is so annoying when things like the crackle/stickles/enamel don't show well in photos - isn't it - as they can bring so much to a project.

Toni xx

Candy C said...

Dan, your Polar Express piece is beautiful! I love the design and just everything about it! <3 Candy

Nancy Wethington said...

Dan, this piece touched my heart as The Polar Express is my favorite Christmas story. Beautifully created!

Craft Addicts - Tracy Evans said...

Great dimensional piece Dan, I love the scene behind which works wonderfully with your Santa. Love the branches. Enjoy your week. Tracy x

Shelly Watson said...

I really like this card, especially the 3D effect.

Andrea said...

this is wonderful Dan, love it lots and Polar Express was a weird film, well for me anyways x

Sue Jones said...

Another great card. :)

Katherine said...

It's a gorgeous card...and in our house if you want a stocking you have to believe :)

Sid said...

And so you should Dan !!

email: Steph@SimonSaysStamp.com said...

Wow really cool idea, Dan! I will forever love this image of a Santa face..just classic and fabulous! The night sky you created as a background is awesome!

*mwah*
Steph
Simon Says Stamp!

Linda said...

Beautiful card Dan :)

Unknown said...

That's great dam-must check out the challenge!!

Related Posts with Thumbnails