Thursday 29 March 2012

Stitch Girl

Well, I started this card with the intention of making another slight dent into my mountain of patterned paper, and it was hugely successful - I now have two 5 inch squares less than I had before! lol

I started out by scraping layers of red, teal and white paint onto the cardstock, then overstamping the image, which I painted with Distress Stains applied with a water brush.  Finally I stamped the faux stitching.  The mat was the same cardstock as the main panel, and I darkened it's edges with a dark grey promarker to provide a little contrast.

Ta for looking! :)

5 comments :

Julian said...

What a fabulous card! The semi-opaque panel creates the most wonderful depth of texture and layering. In fact, the whole piece is gorgeously textural. Bravo!

janine said...

I agree with Julian---that is a fabulous card =) I know what you mean about the mound of pattern paper. Gads, I'm almost ashamed to say I have some papers that I purchased (crap, I won't even say how long ago) and still haven't used. I make stuff almost every day, I don't even know how that's possible...lol FYI....I subscribe to your blog through Google Reader. I rarely comment (sorry) but just wanted to pop in and let you know how much I adore the stuff you make & share with us out here.

Ali said...

cooool! love that stitching.

Sid said...

Loads of papers left but very nice card !!

Claire said...

That is gorgeous Dan I love that image.
C xx

Related Posts with Thumbnails